Retford Gymnastics Club Privacy Notice
Retford Gymnastics Club is the data controller and is committed to complying with our legal responsibilities under data protection law. We take your privacy seriously and will ensure your personal information is kept secure.
How we use information about you:
We need to process information about you or your child for the following reasons:
• Maintaining class attendance records and contact details for emergency purposes.
• To meet the legitimate aims of the club and ensure your child is supported and safe whilst participating in gymnastics. The information that you provide us with regarding any medical issues will be used to assess any actions required to support inclusion.
• To communicate with you about you/your child’s activity, changes to our terms and conditions and to process payments.
• We will ask you for permission when completing our online contract for filming and taking photos for coaching purposes and/or to promote the club on our website, club social media account and communications.
• We will not share your information with any other organisations except with your consent or in exceptional/emergency circumstances where we believe that the sharing of information about you/your child is required to protect you, your child or another person.
• When your child is entered into an external competition we will, with your agreement, share the information required to enter the event. This will be name, DOB and gender. Most competitions are large events and there are likely to be photographers and people filming so in agreeing to photographic permission on our online contract permits these rights at outside events.
• You have the right to see the personal information we hold about you. You can log in to ‘My Account’ any time to view and amend the information we hold about you on this system. This is the account you set up to register for our payment system and is linked to our attendance registers.
• If you leave the club, you can amend your club registration by logging into ‘MyAccount’ and delete this information. The information you have provided will be deleted by the club within 12 months, except where there is a legitimate and lawful reason to continue to hold your data. We will continue to hold record of payments made for our accounting system.
• Members are required log into their accounts and cancel their direct debit payments when they wish to leave the club. Please contact Gocardless, who hold data as our third party directly if you wish them to remove your data from their Gocardless system, this can be done by sending an email to: email@example.com. Please also refer to our third party providers : www.clubright.co.uk
Security: We are committed at Retford Gymnastics Club that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and management procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Only paid employees have access to personal records kept on site. Registration by registering as a member of Retford Gymnastics Club through our third - party system Clubright and paying for your classes via direct debit, you are agreeing to Retford Gymnastics Club to contact you when necessary for operations and marketing purposes. You may cancel your membership and registration anytime following the procedure of giving one months’ notice as agreed on our terms and conditions.
• Changes to the privacy notice- We will keep our privacy notice under regular review and will update where necessary.